It’s a cold, hard world out there, and sometimes it feels like no one has your back – especially your employer. Whether it’s double checks and a doctor’s note any time you dare to take a sick day, or a complete lack of understanding from your boss, or your boss’s boss, (or, even your boss’s boss’s boss) a workplace culture that completely ignores employee happiness can grind a person to a grey paste devoid of any happiness. Overdramatic? Maybe.
But at Infinity, we strive to create an environment where the happiness of our employees is nurtured, not slowly siphoned out of them.
What is Happiness?
Before we go any further, we should define what we’re talking about: happiness. This isn’t about making sure our employees always feel good. People have good and bad days, and as employers, we can’t be responsible for ensuring every one of our employees is always having a good day. But, what we can do is make sure that their job doesn’t feel meaningless.
In The Truth About Employee Engagement, Patrick Lencioni boils employee happiness down into three categories:
- Wanting to feel like who you are matters to your co-workers, and your boss
- Feeling like what you do has an impact on the people in your community
- Feeling like your work makes an impact in your company
Why We Care About Employee Happiness
So many businesses don’t understand that good employees, from the bottom to the top, are incredibly important to the success of their venture. In fact, they’re vital to it. That makes each employee an asset who should be treated well. That’s why at Infinity, we feel that happy employees make our business a better business.
- Attract Great Employees – Everyone wants to work at a job that never feels like work. Amicable, positive co-workers help attract like-minded people.
- Lead to Success – One study found that happy employees are up to 20% more productive than unhappy employees. Happiness is not only contagious, it also helps your employees work harder.
- Breed Happy Customers –Sharing a smile makes people happier, whether that’s with a friend, or with the women mowing your grass. It’s a simple, human gesture that makes the lives of our customers, and our employees better. And, happy customers are satisfied customer, who will return each year and recommend our services to other people.
How We Increase Employee Happiness
Increasing happiness is not a science, so we can’t guarantee you’ll be happy here – after all, some people are happier in an office, or building houses, or working with numbers. But, what we can do is follow the best industry practices and do our very best to listen to what our employees have to say. So, while we may not be perfect, Infinity does offer:
- A full benefits package to every one of our employees, helping to alleviate the stress that paying for healthcare can cause.
- The chance to be heard – whether that means telling us what amazing work your co-worker is doing, or how the management team can do a better job, we want to hear from our employees.
- Trust in our employees – it may seem small, but when your employer trusts you to do your job, it means you stop being a simple cog and become an important part of who Infinity is and who we want to become.
- A workplace culture that keeps the bosses open to everyone in the company.
Making an Impact, One Employee at a Time
We’ve all been at work-sites that feel like energy and happiness-stealing mills, where it feels like what we do, doesn’t really matter. It’s hard to get excited about doing quality work when no one, from your boss to the customer, cares about the work you do. That’s why we focus on keeping our employees happy – because if we care, so will they. And, that care shows through to our clients.
For more information about Infinity Property Care, or about how to apply for positions within the company, give us a call.